Saturday, October 16, 2010

Oh SNAP

We're SO CLOSE!!!

This weekend, I've been busy.  Completed both arms, including a rebuild of the right arm.  It's much more solid now, and I actually prefer this design over the old one, which was kind of weird.  The more I looked at it - especially after doing the left arm - the less I liked it.  Either way, it's been redone.  I also changed where they attach to the body.  The vertical pipes from the bike rack were the perfect size to fit a piece of half-inch PVC into.  I have no clue why I never noticed that before.  This let me remove the other arm attachments and use that space for the part that will house the battery pack.  Speaking of which, I'm in the process of wiring that up now.  I'm waiting for the last of the lights to come in on Monday (hopefully) and then I can wire it all up.  I've attached the jet pack to the torso, and figured out how to wire that up as well.  Really, we're basically waiting on the lights, and then I'll be wiring and wrapping it up.  Whatever time is left after that is minor details and tinkering, making it look pretty.  The pics below were taken prior to a bit of the work, but after most of it.  The shoulders have been worked on, the back has been worked on, etc. - but you get an idea of what's going on here.  I took this without the legs, but they're coming along as well.  I'm pretty happy with the spot I'm in, with just under a week to go.

Mech Costume Front view

Mech Costume Right view

Mech Costume Left view

Mech Costume Wide view

Next time you see it, you should be looking at the final product!

No comments:

Post a Comment